Top 7 Reasons to Hire A Licensed Electrician in Kansas City
A licensed electrician has the ability to install, maintain and troubleshoot a home’s complex electrical systems. Electricity is essential for supplying current to wall outlets and light fixtures, running household appliances, charging electronic devices, powering video security systems and much more.
Life would be very inconvenient if we had to live without electricity, but worse, when something goes wrong it can be hazardous, which is why most homeowners should not attempt to handle most electrical issues themselves, no matter how tempting it may be. We suggest the following top 7 reasons why you should hire a licensed electrician for all of your home’s electrical needs.
- Safety. This is the number one reason you should call a licensed electrician for the majority of your home’s electrical needs. One of the most common mistakes homeowners make is approaching electrical problems without the right expertise or caution. Only a professional has the ability to correctly and safely work with wiring and electricity.
- Education and Experience. Both are important considerations when you enlist the services of a licensed electrician. Someone who has completed countless hours of classroom study, passed rigorous skills tests and gained experience with on-the-job training, ensures they have the knowledge and ability to perform the work. Hiring a professional with at least five years experience is recommended for more complex electrical work.
- Save Money. Hiring a licensed electrician will cost you less money in the long run because you won’t be running the risk of costly mistakes. Wiring mistakes can be very costly in terms of repairs and restoration, and there is a higher likelihood for personal injuries and death. When you hire a trusted professional, you’ll know the job will be done correctly, the first time.
- Licensing. Electrical work needs to meet certain codes to ensure proper installation, function, and safety. A licensed electrician knows all the state and local safety codes and regulations and is compliant when performing electrical work. Each city issues licenses on a local level. A licensed electrician will have complete knowledge and understanding of all the code requirements and will have obtained any required permits.
- Insurance. A reputable electrical contractor will be fully insured and will show you his insurance certificates when you ask. When your electrician has insurance, it protects you against any liability for any damages or injuries that occur during a work project. Importantly, a contractor with all the required certifications and insurance is further assurance that your electrical work will be correctly and safely completed.
- Guarantees. A licensed electrician guarantees their work, which means that if you experience further problems resulting from the initial job, they will return, reinspect and repair the issues without any additional cost to you. You should request proof of insurance coverage as well as a guarantee in writing. Most professionals will provide the certificates and documents you need without hesitation.
- Liability – If the electrician gets injured on the job, or if their work causes damage to your property, you won’t be responsible for paying for it out-of-pocket. Most homeowners policies cover liability issues when done by a professional. To ensure that you are not liable for compensation for any damages you should hire a licensed electrician.
While we understand that you may want to save money, you should keep in mind that electrical work can be dangerous if isn’t done correctly. Also, most homeowner’s insurance does not cover any work done by an unlicensed individual. When you hire a licensed electrician, you have the assurance that they know what they are doing and will get the job done safely and correctly. Don’t put yourself or your family at risk by trying to do the work yourself, or by hiring someone who is not certified.
A licensed electrician can detect most electrical issues and recommend solutions for any problems they find. All Current Electric holds a high standard for the qualifications of its electricians. All contractors are insured, licensed, and bonded for complete insurance coverage including workers’ compensation with no liability to you. Our certified electricians are chosen and awarded based on their ability to provide: knowledgeable expertise, friendly service, exhibit excellent communication skills, and possess expert knowledge in their field.